— Alain de Botton (via perfect)
Tree climbing, duck watching, park playing, trail walking, trampoline jumping, Lego building, frozen yogurt eating day with my nanny boys today. This is childhood. No screens, buttons, pre-recorded noises. Just running, jumping, belly laughs, silly jokes, and fresh summertime air.
- Me: J, was your brother born in 2012?
- J: No, he was born in a hospital.
Digital Illustrations by Artem Rhad Cheboha
Our Quarterly boxes are now
$50$30. The next box will include a hardcover photobook of Brandon C. Long's Polaroid photography and one lucky subscriber will receive a Polaroid camera and a pack of Impossible film: quarterly.co/art
If we’re friends you have to accept the possibility that I might fall asleep while we’re hanging out
- Me: J, what do you think your little brother is going to be when he grows up?
- J (age 4): I don't know.
- Me: Well, what does he like to do?
- J: Well, he likes to play a lot...
- Me: So what kind of job might he like to do if he likes to play?
- J: He could be... A player?
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT I STOPPED BREATHING
— Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn (via northwolves)